Master of Actuarial Practice
The Benefits of our Master of Actuarial Practice
- The program is structured to allow you to complete parts or all of Parts I and II of the Institute of Actuaries of Australia professional qualifications.
- A range of electives in actuarial science, statistics, finance and economics and other areas are available.
- Qualified academic staff with industry-relevant experience will put you at the forefront of new knowledge and expose you to the very latest ideas often before they are published.
- Macquarie is globally recognised for its outstanding actuarial studies education.
Feedback from a graduate
"The master's program at Macquarie University was the best choice for me. Macquarie is globally recognised with the prestige in its outstanding actuarial studies education."
The actuarial qualification has international recognition and many of our graduates work in international financial centres in a variety of industry's including:
- Accounting firms
- Actuarial and superannuation consulting firms
- Banks and funds management
- General insurance companies
- Health insurance companies
- Life insurance companies
- Management consulting firms
- Public sector
Who should apply?
The Master of Actuarial Practice is designed as a graduate conversion program for non-actuarial graduates who wish to obtain a professionally accredited qualification in actuarial science.
How to apply
You can apply online now (applications no longer go through UAC)
Macquarie University graduates earn more
The Good Universities Guide has given Macquarie University a 5-star rating in cultural diversity of students and graduate starting salaries.
What can you earn with Actuarial Studies?
According to Graduate Careers Australia, the average starting salary for an Actuarial graduate is $56,175.