Information about ethics in research, ethics approval process and applications can be found on the ethics pages in the Research Office website
Faculty of Business and Economics Research Ethics Advisor
- Associate Professor Alan Kilgore is the Faculty of Business and Economics Research Ethics Advisor.
- If you are undertaking research that involves human subjects, e.g. interviews, you must obtain ethics clearance.
- You are responsible for submitting your own application in consultation with your supervisor and the Faculty of Business and Economics advisor.
- Applications can be lodged at any time.
- The majority of ethics applications are now processed via an expedited review process. You will receive feedback regarding the review of your application within 20 days .
- There are no closing dates, which allows applicants to submit applications anytime throughout the year.
- Your applications are required to be submitted electronically as well as in hard copy.
- Remember that your hard copy must be signed by both yourself and your supervisor. Applications that have not been signed by a supervisor will not be processed.
If your application is considered to raise ethical concerns that requires in-depth discussion due to the subject matter, the population involved, and/or the proposed methodology, then your application may be deferred for review at a Committee meeting. The Committee meets once a month from February to November. Meeting dates are available on the Ethics Review Committee (Human Research) website.
See the HDR Calendar for information on up coming workshops.